Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Fort William, Glenlochy Distillery, Kiln And Office

Distillery (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Fort William, Glenlochy Distillery, Kiln And Office

Classification Distillery (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Inverlochy, Distillery

Canmore ID 81675

Site Number NN17SW 24

NGR NN 11264 74364

NGR Description Centred NN 11264 74634

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/81675

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Kilmonivaig
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Lochaber
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Recording Your Heritage Online

Former Glenlochy Distillery, Duncan Cameron and Burnett, 1898-1900 Tall pagoda-roofed kiln towers are fronted by offices of red brick, with detail redolent of the Glasgow style introduced to this area by the West Highland and the Callander and Oban Railways. Since closure in 1984, the office frontage and kiln have been restored and converted into flats (minus one pagoda) and the long malt barn ranges rebuilt as flats for the Lochaber Housing Association, all by architects Bruce & Neil.

Taken from "Western Seaboard: An Illustrated Architectural Guide", by Mary Miers, 2008. Published by the Rutland Press http://www.rias.org.uk

Archaeology Notes

NN17SW 24.00 centred 11264 74364

NN17SW 24.01 NN 11239 74357 Malt Barn (maltings)

NN17SW 24.02 NN 11300 74353 Distillery House

NN17SW 24.03 NN 11308 74386 Distillery Cottages

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions