You can search our collections by:
- keyword e.g. "holyrood" or by catalogue number e.g. "SC 380324" AND / OR
- name of the collection AND / OR
- the year of an item on collection
- Click on Search in the main menu and then click on Search Collections.
- There is an option to only show results that have a digitised image viewable online.
- Enter your search criteria.
- click the Search Collections button.
Collection hierarchy search:
- Start typing the name of a collection.
- Select a Collection from the dropdown list.
- Click the Search Hierarchy button.
HINT: Many of our collections have an hierarchical structure, called "Levels". These levels are like branches, twigs and leaves on a tree.
You can navigate through the levels starting at the highest level "Collection" then working down to "Group", "Batch" and finally "Item".