We archive using the General International Standard of Archival Description - ISAD(G) for short.
It will vary but this is the kind of information you will find on a collection record:
- Where an item is a copy of another, a link to the record for the original. For example, when a physical manuascript has been scanned and digitised.
- Non-digitised items are available to view in our Search Room or can be "Digitised On Demand" for a fee.
- Wherever possible, we provide a digital file for you to download. We are working hard every day to digitise more of our collection so it is accessible online to all.
- Related information pulled from other parts of our catalogue.
- Links to galleries or projects this item appears in.
To help you we have created a glossary of our vocabulary used on this website.
If you have a question about a collection or a record please contact us.
You can add to our records by contributing your own text. Register for a MyCanmore account to get started.