Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow Bridge, Forth And Clyde Canal, Canal Buildings

Public House (Period Unassigned), Stable(S) (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Glasgow Bridge, Forth And Clyde Canal, Canal Buildings

Classification Public House (Period Unassigned), Stable(S) (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Cadder; The Stables Public House

Canmore ID 45275

Site Number NS67SW 41

NGR NS 63433 73056

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/45275

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Dunbartonshire
  • Parish Cadder (Strathkelvin-du)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Strathkelvin
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Architecture Notes

This old stables building, next to Glasgow Bridge (NS67SW 46) represents one of the earliest canal structures to undergo restoration. It has been appropriately called the 'Stables' bar and restaurant.

The Forth and Clyde Canal Guidebook 1991.

These stables have now been converted into a public house and restaurant.

H Brown 1997.

This site has only been partially upgraded for SCRAN. For full details, please consult the Architecture Catalogues for Strathkelvin District.

March 1998

Glasgow, Forth & Clyde Canal.

ARCHITECT: John Smeaton, 1764.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions