Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kilconquhar, Main Street, Kilconquhar Parish Church

Church (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Kilconquhar, Main Street, Kilconquhar Parish Church

Classification Church (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 100395

Site Number NO40SE 187

NGR NO 48533 02029

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/100395

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Kilconquhar
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

The Places of Worship in Scotland Project

This cruciform church was built between 1819 and 1821, adjacent to an earlier church (NO40SE 11 SCHR site 1232). It was designed by Richard Crichton and built by R and R Dickson. The church is situated on high ground in the centre of the village, overlooking Kilconquhar loch to the south. The graveyard, which is still in use, surrounds the church. The oldest stones are found around the old parish church to the east of the present church which it predates, and there are some interesting eighteenth century memorials towards the south east corner.

Information from the Places of Worship in Scotland Project

For more information see:

http://www.scottishchurches.org.uk/sites/site/id/4699/

Architecture Notes

NO40SE 187.00 48533 02029

NO40SE 187.01 48548 02046 Churchyard

NO40SE 11 48564 02035 Old Parish Church

INFORMATION TAKEN FROM THE ARCHITECTURE CATALOGUE:

ARCHITECT: R & R Dickson, 1821.

S.N.B.R.: Kirk Session Records - coloured design dated 1819

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions