Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Mid Clyth Graveyard

Burial Ground (Medieval), Chapel (Medieval)

Site Name Mid Clyth Graveyard

Classification Burial Ground (Medieval), Chapel (Medieval)

Alternative Name(s) Greenhill, Lat 226 & 227

Canmore ID 8602

Site Number ND23NE 4

NGR ND 2956 3723

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/8602

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Latheron
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Caithness
  • Former County Caithness

Activities

Field Visit (1871)

The remains of a Roman Catholic chapel, in good preservation, the walls about 3ft high.

Name Book 1871.

Field Visit (5 May 1967)

There are no remains of the chapel to be seen. The grave yard is still in use.

The cross slab, as described by the RCAHMS, is at ND 2955 3724.

Surveyed at 1:2500.

Visited by OS (A A) 5 May 1967.

Field Visit (1982)

The chapel was not located, the graveyard is still in use, and the cross-slab is largely moss-covered.

C E Batey 1982.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions