Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dores Parish Church

Burial Ground (18th Century), Church (19th Century), Mort House (19th Century), War Memorial (20th Century), Watch House (19th Century)

Site Name Dores Parish Church

Classification Burial Ground (18th Century), Church (19th Century), Mort House (19th Century), War Memorial (20th Century), Watch House (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Dores, Parish Church Of Scotland; Watch House; Sunday School House; War Memorial Entrance

Canmore ID 128587

Site Number NH63NW 56

NGR NH 60097 35019

NGR Description Centred NH 60097 35019

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/128587

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Dores
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Inverness
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Archaeology Notes

NH63NW 56 centred 60097 35019

Dores Parish Church [NAT]

OS (GIS) MasterMap, August 2010.

Formerly also entered as NH53SE 43 at cited location NH c. 598 347.

Architecture Notes

NH53SE Grid Ref: NH 59 34 (unlocated)

Source: O/S 1:10,560 Map.

REFERENCE: Scottish Record Office

Expense of building the New Church.

Payment of the balance.

Facto's Account.

1829 GD 128/20/4

Repair of the Kirk and Manse.

Report from sworn tradesmen followed by their estimate for the repairs.

The Kirk requires harling and the second flat of the Manse rebuilding.

Minutes of Presbytery Meeting.

1770 GD 128/14/14

Repair of the Church and New Seating.

Receipt for Simon Fraser's proportion of the cost amounting to ?38.18.2.

1800 GD 128/14/14

(Undated) information in NMRS.

Activities

Project (February 2014 - July 2014)

A data upgrade project to record war memorials.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions