Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

We have updated our mapping software and are trying out some new background mapping layers. Please let us know what you think by clicking here.

Strathpeffer, Spa Pavilion

Hospital (First World War), Spa Pavilion (19th Century)

Site Name Strathpeffer, Spa Pavilion

Classification Hospital (First World War), Spa Pavilion (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Strathpeffer Spa; Us Navy Base Hospital No. 2

Canmore ID 12417

Site Number NH45NE 22

NGR NH 48405 58094

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/12417

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Fodderty
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Ross And Cromarty
  • Former County Ross And Cromarty

Activities

Note (29 March 2016)

The Spa Pavilion was one of a number of buildings in Strathpeffer converted into a hospital, when the US Navy Base Hospital No. 2 was established in 1918. The hospital served the US navy bases 17 and 18, at Dalmore by Invergordon and at Inverness as well as UK servicemen. To the S and within the present gardens of the Pavilion were a number of temporary buildings which were part of the Hospital.

Information from Historic Environment Scotland (AKK) 29 March 2016

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions