Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

General view of entrance

SC 1643461

Description General view of entrance

Date 1975 to 1976

Collection List C Survey

Catalogue Number SC 1643461

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of RC 3002

Scope and Content Spa Pavilion, Strathpeffer, Highland Strathpeffer was founded in the early 19th century when the local springwater became popular for its medicinal virtues. It expanded in the 1860s, and again after its connection to the rail network in 1885. It was in decline by 1950. The Spa Pavilion was built in 1879 to plans by William C Joass. It was one of several places where visitors could 'take the waters'. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1643461

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES (List C Survey)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions