Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Field Visit

Date 12 July 1967

Event ID 922729

Category Recording

Type Field Visit

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/922729

No trace exists of St Peter's Church. According to Dunnet, the first mention of a Catholic Church of 'St Peter of Strathowen' is in the 12th century (H Dunnet 1919).

The present church was built c. 1790.

The four symbol stones discovered in the church-yard, which is still in use, now stand against the S wall of the church.

Surveyed at 1:2500.

Visited by OS (N K B) 12 July 1967.

H Dunnet 1919.

People and Organisations

References