Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

General view from north west

SC 377606

Description General view from north west

Collection Scottish National Buildings Record

Catalogue Number SC 377606

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of F 4223/20

Scope and Content Cupar Station, Cupar, Fife Cupar Station was probably built by David Bell of Edinburgh. It was opened in 1847 by Edinburgh Northern Railway Company and was on the Inverkeithing-Dundee route. The complex is regarded as a fine example of a large early station. Its design was influenced by the Renaissance architecture of either Italy or England, so that some experts describe it as 'Italianate' and others as 'Tudor' in style. The Edinburgh-Inverkeithing-Dundee, or Fife, line of the North British Railway was opened on 17 September, 1847 by the Edinburgh and Northern Railway. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/377606

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES (Scottish National Buildings Record)

Licence Type: Full

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions