Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View of St Leonard's House and classroom block.

SC 372130

Description View of St Leonard's House and classroom block.

Date 1940

Collection Miss Kidston

Catalogue Number SC 372130

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of B 88732 PO

Scope and Content East range of St Leonard's House, St Leonard's School, St Andrews, Fife St Leonard's School was originally a medieval college. This survived until 1747 when it was merged with St Salvator's College and the buildings were abandoned. In 1881, these were turned into a school. The east range of St Leonard's House (left) was built for Principal Peter Brown in around 1617. It originally contained 10 'houses', each accommodating four students, two to a floor. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/372130

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (Miss Kidston Collection)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions