Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View of St Leonard's House and classroom block.

B 88732 PO

Description View of St Leonard's House and classroom block.

Date 1940

Collection Miss Kidston

Catalogue Number B 88732 PO

Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images

Copies SC 372130

Scope and Content East range of St Leonard's House, St Leonard's School, St Andrews, Fife St Leonard's School was originally a medieval college. This survived until 1747 when it was merged with St Salvator's College and the buildings were abandoned. In 1881, these were turned into a school. The east range of St Leonard's House (left) was built for Principal Peter Brown in around 1617. It originally contained 10 'houses', each accommodating four students, two to a floor. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/239142

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (Miss Kidston Collection)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions