Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from South.

SC 370921

Description View from South.

Catalogue Number SC 370921

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of F 3926/26

Scope and Content South-west façade and fore-tower of St Andrews Castle, Fife St Andrews Castle, the seat of the bishop of St Andrews, was destroyed during the Wars of Independence and rebuilt in its present form by Bishop Traill (1385-1401). It was besieged in 1546-7 after Protestants assassinated Cardinal Beaton. The south west façade (left) was rebuilt after the siege by Archbishop Hamilton on earlier foundations. To the right is Bishop Traill's fore-tower which contained the original entrance. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/370921

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions