Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Perspective view and floor plans.

SC 362369

Description Perspective view and floor plans.

Catalogue Number SC 362369

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of DC 10681

Scope and Content Plan of light-chamber of Southerness Lighthouse, Kirkcudbrightshire Southerness Lighthouse was built by Dumfries Town Council in 1748-9 to serve the Nith Estuary and the inner Solway Firth. It was Scotland's third purpose-built lighthouse and is the second oldest to survive to the present day. The upper portion of the lighthouse dates from 1894 when the lighthouse was reactivated having been closed in 1867 when the Nith Navigation Commission ran short of money. The waters of the Nith Estuary and the inner Solway Firth are difficult to navigate because of the treacherous sand-bars. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/362369

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions