Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

General view of old bridge from SE.

SC 361830

Description General view of old bridge from SE.

Catalogue Number SC 361830

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of ST 711

Scope and Content Stirling Old Bridge, Stirlingshire Stirling Old Bridge was probably built in the late 15th or early 16th century to replace an earlier bridge. It was repaired by the burgh in the 17th century and closed to wheeled traffic in 1831 when a new bridge was built. The south arch on the far left was built in 1749. The original arch was blown up in 1745 to stop the Jacobite army entering Stirling. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/361830

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions