Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Oblique aerial view of cruise liner at East Pier, Invergordon, looking N.

DP 343674

Description Oblique aerial view of cruise liner at East Pier, Invergordon, looking N.

Date 18/7/2018

Collection J S Bone

Catalogue Number DP 343674

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content A view of part of Invergordon Harbour and Royal Naval Dockyard. Part of the Royal Naval Port Fuel Depot is at top of image, the depot having been constructed in several stages from pre-1913 to the 1960s. Much of the land behind the pier formed part of the Invergordon Naval Dockyard. Features included a boatyard, to left of pier, with a WW2 boatbuilding shed visible at upper left edge of image as a long building. Facing the shore, beyond the right-hand funnel of the cruise liner, is a long grey building known as Oakes Villa, dating back to the 1820s and functioning in the 19th-C as an abattoir and hemp mill. It was taken over by the Admiralty in WW1 and used as SCE's (Superintending Civil Engineer's) Shops and Stores. Title and Scope & Content contributed by North of Scotland Archaeological Society (2021).

Accession Number 2020/58

External Reference D3570

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/2108968

File Format (JPG) JPEG bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (James S Bone)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions