Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Elie Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Elie Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Elie Railway Station; Baird Place

Canmore ID 98871

Site Number NO40SE 143

NGR NO 4962 0014

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/98871

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Elie
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NO40SE 143 4962 0014

This intermediate station on the Thornton Junction - Crail - St Andrews - Leuchars Junction ('Fife coast') route of the former North British Rly was opened (by the Leven and East of Fife Rly) on 1 September 1863. It closed to regular passenger traffic (with the St Andrews - Leven portion of the line) on 6 Septmenber 1965.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 7 August 2000.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

The cited location is now occupied by modern housing (Baird Place).

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 8 October 2010.

Architecture Notes

Elie station was opened 8.7.1857 and closed 6.9.1965.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions