Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kincraig Station

Railway Station (19th Century)

Site Name Kincraig Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Kincraig Railway Station; Boat Of Insch Station

Canmore ID 69332

Site Number NH80NW 6

NGR NH 8320 0567

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number AC0000807262. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2024.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Alvie
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Badenoch And Strathspey
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Archaeology Notes

NH80NW 6 8320 0567

Kincraig Station (HR) opened 9.9.1863; closed 18.10.1965.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

(Location cited as NH 832 057). Kincraig Station, opened 1863 by the Inverness and Perth Junction Rly. Formerly a two-platform through station, the face of the up platform has been removed, though the lattice-girder footbridge survives, as does the down-platform building, a single-storey wooden structure, with a 1-storey and attic station house adjoining.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station of the former Highland Rly was opened (as Boat of Insch Station) by the Inverness and Perth Junction Rly on 9 September 1863. It was renamed Kincraig Station on 1 September 1871 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 18 October 1965, the line itself remaining in use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 12 December 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions