Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset


Hut Circle(S) (Prehistoric)

Site Name Kilbruar

Classification Hut Circle(S) (Prehistoric)

Canmore ID 6509

Site Number NC80NW 7

NGR NC 8163 0989

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map


Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Clyne
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Sutherland
  • Former County Sutherland

Archaeology Notes

NC80NW 7 8163 0989.

('A' NC 8162 0987: 'B' NC 8164 0991) Hut Circles (NR).

On the W side of Scottarie Burn, 1/2 mile from Kilbraur, is a hut circle ('A').

RCAHMS 1911, visited 1909.

'A' is 11.5m in diameter between the centres of a wall 1.6m thick widening to 2.7m at the entrance in the E. Inner facing stones occur intermittently around the whole periphery.

The vague outline of 'B' occurs on a low knoll. It measures about 7.0m in diameter; a gap in the E is probably an entrance. A few stone clearance heaps occur in the vicinity.

Revised at 1/10,000.

Visited by OS (W D J) 25 April 1964 and (J B) 27 October 1975.


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions