Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Kirklandhill

Standing Stone (Prehistoric)

Site Name Kirklandhill

Classification Standing Stone (Prehistoric)

Canmore ID 57750

Site Number NT67NW 4

NGR NT 6171 7761

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/57750

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Lothian
  • Parish Whitekirk And Tyninghame
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District East Lothian
  • Former County East Lothian

Archaeology Notes

NT67NW 4 6171 7761.

(NT 6171 7761) Standing Stone (NR)

OS 6" map (1971)

Standing Stone, Kirklandhill: This standing stone is situated in a cultivated field about 300m SW of Kirklandhill steading. It is 3.36m high and approximately square in section. Its sides are about 0.5m long at ground level.

RCAHMS 1924, visited 1913; E W MacKie 1975

This standing stone is as described.

Visited by OS (EGC) 5 November 1962.

Activities

Field Visit (24 June 1913)

206. Standing Stone, Kirklandhill.

In a cultivated field about 300 yards south-west of Kirklandhill steading is a tall stone pillar, 11 feet high and 6 feet 9 inches in girth at the base, which is almost rhomboidal on plan, with sides varying from 20 inches to 22 inches in breadth. It has a slight slant to the south.

RCAHMS 1924, visited 24 June 1913

OS Map ref: vi. S.W.

Field Visit (5 November 1962)

This standing stone is as described.

Visited by OS (EGC) 5 November 1962.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions