Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dunfermline, Limekilns Road, Hill House

Lairds House (17th Century)

Site Name Dunfermline, Limekilns Road, Hill House

Classification Lairds House (17th Century)

Canmore ID 49356

Site Number NT08NE 34

NGR NT 09133 85957

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/49356

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Dunfermline
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District Dunfermline
  • Former County Fife

Architecture Notes

NT08NE 34.00 09133 85957

NT08NE 34.01 09185 85902 Windmill

NT08NE 34.02 09168 85972 Walled Garden

(NT 0914 8596) Hill House (NR)

OS 6" map, (1967)

Hill House is of 17th century date, and consists of an oblong main block running roughly E-W, with a wing projecting S in alignment with the E gable, and a stair-tower within the re-entrant angle. A second tower, which projects eastwards from the wing, is apparently contemporary with the other parts. The front is ashlar faced and the sides and back are of rubble.

RCAHMS 1933.

Hill House is as described above and is now divided into two flats occupied by tenants of Lord Bruce of Broomhall.

Visited by OS (J L D) 27 March 1961.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions