- Council South Lanarkshire
- Parish Lesmahagow
- Former Region Strathclyde
- Former District Clydesdale
- Former County Lanarkshire
NS84SE 34 88229 41410.
(NS 8823 4141) Corra Castle (NR) (In Ruins)
OS 6" map (1912)
Corra or Corehouse Castle and its courtyard belong to the period from 1572 to 1700.
D MacGibbon and T Ross 1887
The site is a precipitous rock which, on three sides, overlooks the Clyde. On the fourth, (north) side there are the remains of a ditch at its west end drops down into a chasm. The ruins comprise remains of a tower and a small courtyard to its east, all of rubble masonry about 2.0m thick. They are in poor condition. To the west of the chasm there are remains of a weak wall enclosing a rectangular area, 20.0 metres by 10.0 metres. This is continued along the top of the chasm and joined to the castle at the north entrance.
Visited by OS (JD) 31 March 1955