Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Peekie Mill, Kenly Water, Peekie Bridge

Armorial Panel, Road Bridge (16th Century)

Site Name Peekie Mill, Kenly Water, Peekie Bridge

Classification Armorial Panel, Road Bridge (16th Century)

Canmore ID 34429

Site Number NO51SE 8

NGR NO 56042 12636

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/34429

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish St Andrews And St Leonards
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NO51SE 8 56042 12636

(NO 5604 1263) Peekie Bridge (NAT)

OS 6" map (1919).

Not to be confused with NO51SE 145.

'Peekie Brigde, Kenly Burn. A disused bridge with a single, slightly pointed arch having no soffit ribs. The width of the roadway is 10ft 11 inches [3.33m].'

On the nothern side of the bridge is a panel bearing the Hepburn arms indicating that it was built either by John Hepburn, Prior of St Andrews, who died in 1522, or by his nephew and succesor Prior Patrick Hapburn.

RCAHMS 1933

Peekie Bridge is as described by RCAHMS, and is in good condition.

Visited by OS (DS) 15 October 1956

As described and illustrated.

Visited by OS (EGC) 28 August 1968

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions