Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

St Andrews Cathedral, St Andrews Priory, Abbey Mill

Mill (Period Unassigned)

Site Name St Andrews Cathedral, St Andrews Priory, Abbey Mill

Classification Mill (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 34302

Site Number NO51NW 2.03

NGR NO 5148 1650

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/34302

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish St Andrews And St Leonards
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NO51NW 2.3 5148 1650.

(NO 5148 1650) St.Andrews. "The Abbey Mill..the mill dam and mill lead, sluices etc...are still in use." (Sited from plan on p.25).

D MacGibbon and T Ross 1896

Prior James Bisset (1393-1416) reconstructed the mills and other buildings of the Priory.

RCAHMS 1933

A modern dwelling house occupies the site of the Abbey Mill. The mill dam and lade are occupied by ornamental grounds.

Visited by OS (JLD) 17 October 1956

OS (JLD) confirmed.

Visited by OS (WDJ) 29 May 1964

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions