Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 690338

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/690338

NO51NW 2.3 5148 1650.

(NO 5148 1650) St.Andrews. "The Abbey Mill..the mill dam and mill lead, sluices etc...are still in use." (Sited from plan on p.25).

D MacGibbon and T Ross 1896

Prior James Bisset (1393-1416) reconstructed the mills and other buildings of the Priory.

RCAHMS 1933

A modern dwelling house occupies the site of the Abbey Mill. The mill dam and lade are occupied by ornamental grounds.

Visited by OS (JLD) 17 October 1956

OS (JLD) confirmed.

Visited by OS (WDJ) 29 May 1964

People and Organisations

References