Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Lundie House

House (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Lundie House

Classification House (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 31919

Site Number NO33SE 17

NGR NO 3569 3292

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/31919

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
© Copyright and database right 2017.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Dundee, City Of
  • Parish Dundee (Dundee, City Of)
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District City Of Dundee
  • Former County Angus

Archaeology Notes

NO33SE 17 3569 3292.

Lundie House: Prior to the erection of Camperdown House, the family residence was Lundie House, a plain old

building which stood near the W side of the park. It was demolished at the beginning of the 19th century.

A J Warden 1884

Lundie House was typical of the mid-17th century style, and was two storeys in height. It stood a short distance

W of the present mansion. It formed a quadrangle with a central courtyard, with the front entrance to the S. It

was demolished shortly after 1828 and a pump marks its site.

A fragment of the old garden retaining wall, which adjoined the house on the N, still remains, now adjacent to

the stables.

A Elliot 1911

NO 3569 3292. The pump mentioned by Elliott is at this spot. The remaining fragment of the garden wall, which

does not appear to be exceptionally old, still exists at

NO 3568 3296, forming an angle 5.0 - 6.0m in height, each arm 1.0m long.

Visited by OS (JLD) 18 April 1958

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions