Lundie House
House (Period Unassigned)
Site Name Lundie House
Classification House (Period Unassigned)
Canmore ID 31919
Site Number NO33SE 17
NGR NO 3569 3292
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/31919
- Council Dundee, City Of
- Parish Dundee (Dundee, City Of)
- Former Region Tayside
- Former District City Of Dundee
- Former County Angus
NO33SE 17 3569 3292.
Lundie House: Prior to the erection of Camperdown House, the family residence was Lundie House, a plain old
building which stood near the W side of the park. It was demolished at the beginning of the 19th century.
A J Warden 1884
Lundie House was typical of the mid-17th century style, and was two storeys in height. It stood a short distance
W of the present mansion. It formed a quadrangle with a central courtyard, with the front entrance to the S. It
was demolished shortly after 1828 and a pump marks its site.
A fragment of the old garden retaining wall, which adjoined the house on the N, still remains, now adjacent to
the stables.
A Elliot 1911
NO 3569 3292. The pump mentioned by Elliott is at this spot. The remaining fragment of the garden wall, which
does not appear to be exceptionally old, still exists at
NO 3568 3296, forming an angle 5.0 - 6.0m in height, each arm 1.0m long.
Visited by OS (JLD) 18 April 1958
