Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Flatfield

Farmhouse (Period Unassigned), Farmstead (Period Unassigned), Threshing Machine (Post Medieval), Wall(S) (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Flatfield

Classification Farmhouse (Period Unassigned), Farmstead (Period Unassigned), Threshing Machine (Post Medieval), Wall(S) (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Flatfield, Farmhouse And Garden Walls

Canmore ID 30534

Site Number NO22SW 55

NGR NO 22837 24791

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/30534

Ordnance Survey licence number AC0000807262. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Bluesky International Limited 2025. Public Sector Viewing Terms

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Flatfield Farmhouse.
General view from East.
Flatfield Farmhouse.
General view from East.Flatfield Farmhouse.
Detail of floor joists in steading.Flatfield Farmhouse.
General view of house from North.Flatfield Farmhouse.
General view of steading from East.Flatfield, NO22SW 55, Ordnance Survey index card, RectoFlatfield Farmhouse, interior.
General view of the box-bed with the doors fully open.Flatfield Farmhouse.
Detail of front wall adjacent to front doorway showing brickwork on stone plinth.Flatfield Farmhouse.
General view of house from West.Flatfield Farmhouse.
Detail of floor joists in steading.Flatfield Farmhouse.
Detail of well at rear of house.Flatfield Farmhouse.
Detail of carved panel 1785 in garden wall to N.E wall of house.Flatfield Farmhouse.
Detail of pigeon holes in gable of cartshed.Flatfield Farmhouse.
Detail of floor joists in steading.

Administrative Areas

  • Council Perth And Kinross
  • Parish Errol
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Perth And Kinross
  • Former County Perthshire

Activities

Note

One unroofed building and six roofed buildings, one of which forms three sides around a courtyard and another has an attached roofed horse-gang, and two enclosures are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Perthshire 1866, sheet xcix). Two roofed buildings and three enclosures are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1992).

Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 24 March 1998

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions