Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Newburgh, Abernethy Road, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Newburgh, Abernethy Road, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Newburgh Station

Canmore ID 30117

Site Number NO21NW 57

NGR NO 2281 1801

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/30117

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Newburgh
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NO21NW 57 2281 1801

This intermediate station on the Ladybank - Perth (Hilton Junction) secondary line of the former North British Rly was opened (by the Edinburgh and Northern Rly.) on 18 May 1848 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 19 September 1955. The line itself remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 2 July 2010.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions