Cross Slab (Early Medieval)
- Council Perth And Kinross
- Parish Abernethy (Perth And Kinross)
- Former Region Tayside
- Former District Perth And Kinross
- Former County Perthshire
Field Visit (18 May 1970)
The cross-slab fragment was recorded by the OS in 1970, lying at the foot of the Mugdrum Cross.
Visited by OS (R D) 18 May 1970.
Desk Based Assessment
NO21NW 288 205 178
A cross fragment, measuring 2' 3" by 1' 7 1/2" thick, acted as the lintel of a well in the garden of Carpow House (NO 2057 1783) prior to moving to its present location (see NO21NW 1 22532 18192), and the missing part is believed to have been built into one of the steadings on Carpow Estate.
Information from OS.
J R Allen and J Anderson 1903; A Laing 1878; F T Wainwright 1955.