Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, 161-173 West Street, Dyeworks And Paint Factory

Dye Works (Period Unassigned), Paint Factory (19th Century)-(20th Century)

Site Name Glasgow, 161-173 West Street, Dyeworks And Paint Factory

Classification Dye Works (Period Unassigned), Paint Factory (19th Century)-(20th Century)

Canmore ID 203149

Site Number NS56SE 1425

NGR NS 5830 6440

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/203149

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Govan (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Recording Your Heritage Online

Tradeston Street

Clydesdale Paint, Colour & Oil Works, No 104-106, 1888, Hugh & David Barclay. Classical pediment with stag's head trademark of Blacklock, McArthur & Co. on four-storey ashlar block. Behind is a two-storey sheet-iron-floored workshop supported on cast-iron columns. No 118, 1900, W F McGibbon. Venetian red brick warehouse extension to Clydesdale Paint Works, with terracotta stag's head trademark plaques and corner tower. This was built in front of a three-storey varnish factory in the yard, 1896, W F McGibbon. The Point, 161-171 West Street, 1876. Two ashlar office and sample room buildings acquired by the Clydesdale Paint Works from James Mills, a dyer. Cart entry to yard, mansard added to one, 1896, also by McGibbon.

Taken from "Greater Glasgow: An Illustrated Architectural Guide", by Sam Small, 2008. Published by the Rutland Press http://www.rias.org.uk

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions