Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Fersit Halt

Railway Halt (19th Century)-(20th Century)

Site Name Fersit Halt

Classification Railway Halt (19th Century)-(20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Fersit Bridge, Station; Loch Treig Reservoir, Construction Station

Canmore ID 179081

Site Number NN37NE 2

NGR NN 35196 78175

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number AC0000807262. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2024.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Kilmonivaig
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Lochaber
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Archaeology Notes

NN37NE 2 35196 78175

Formerly located at NN 3521 7819. This intermediate halt on the Glasgow - Crianlarich - Fort William line of the former North British Rly was opened by the London and North Eastern Rly on 1 August 1931 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 1 January 1935; the line itself rmains in use. Apparently only as a temporary structure during the construction of the Loch Treig reservoir and dam, Fersit Halt occupied an isolated situation to the E of the River Treig.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 2 February 2001.

R V J Butt 1995: Railway Magazine 1999.


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions