Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 805790

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes


NN37NE 2 35196 78175

Formerly located at NN 3521 7819. This intermediate halt on the Glasgow - Crianlarich - Fort William line of the former North British Rly was opened by the London and North Eastern Rly on 1 August 1931 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 1 January 1935; the line itself rmains in use. Apparently only as a temporary structure during the construction of the Loch Treig reservoir and dam, Fersit Halt occupied an isolated situation to the E of the River Treig.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 2 February 2001.

R V J Butt 1995: Railway Magazine 1999.

People and Organisations