Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Marykirk Bridge, Tollhouse

Toll House (Post Medieval)

Site Name Marykirk Bridge, Tollhouse

Classification Toll House (Post Medieval)

Alternative Name(s) Marykirk, North Water Bridge; River North Esk

Canmore ID 168454

Site Number NO66SE 45

NGR NO 68549 64977

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/168454

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Angus
  • Parish Logie Pert
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Angus
  • Former County Angus

Archaeology Notes

NO66SE 45 68549 64977

Toll House [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1977.

For adjacent Marykirk Bridge, see NO66SE 21.

The tollhouse, also built by Robert Stevenson in 1814, is a single-storey ashlar structure, with three semicircular bays. It has recently been extended.

J R Hume 1977.

This bridge is situated on the N side of the A937 public road, at the SW end of Marykirk Bridge (NO66SE 21) and on the SW bank of the River North Esk.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 26 September 2000.

Activities

Photographic Survey (3 March 2011)

Photographed by RCAHMS for the Listed Buildings Area Survey.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions