Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, Clarkston Road, Cathcart Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Glasgow, Clarkston Road, Cathcart Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Cathcart Railway Station; Cathcart Circle

Canmore ID 164483

Site Number NS56SE 633

NGR NS 58457 60581

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/164483

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Cathcart (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Archaeology Notes

NS56SE 633.00 58457 60581

Sta [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1989.

See also:

NS56SE 633.01 NS 58498 60613 Bridge (over White Cart Water)

Location formerly entered as NS 5845 6057.

Cathcart Station, built c. 1894 for the Cathcart District Railway. An island platform on an embankment, with access by subways, one of which crosses the White Cart on a lattice girder bridge (NS56SE 633.01). The present wooden station building was cut down from a larger structure after a fire in 1957.

J R Hume 1974.

Cathcart Station, Clarkston Road. The remains of a pretty wooden station like those at Maxwell Park and Pollokshields West, and also built c. 1894 for the Cathcart and District Rly.

E Williamson, A Riches and M Higgs 1990.

NS76NE 159 Clarkston Station

Summary article – Butt history and ref.

?in Hume Glasgow Rly Stas

OS map annotation - check on main store LS map

NTBCW NS55NE 156

Cathcart Station [NAT]

OS (GIS) MasterMap, July 2010.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions