Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

All our staffed properties, sites and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, are currently closed, but we’re working on plans to gradually reopen. In the meantime, you can access our services online. Find out more.

Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

Dailuaine Halt

Railway Halt (19-20th Century)

Site Name Dailuaine Halt

Classification Railway Halt (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Dandaleith

Canmore ID 16339

Site Number NJ24NE 18

NGR NJ 2869 4602

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/16339

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Moray
  • Parish Rothes
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Moray
  • Former County Morayshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ24NE 18 2869 4602

This halt on the Elgin - Craigellachie branch of the former London and North Eastern Rly was opened by that coimpany in 1934 and closed to regular passenger traffic (with the line as a whole) on 18 October 1965.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 9 October 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions