Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Luncarty, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Luncarty, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Redgorton, Railway Station; Luncarty Station

Canmore ID 161768

Site Number NO02NE 162

NGR NO 0938 2947

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/161768

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Perth And Kinross
  • Parish Redgorton
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Perth And Kinross
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NO02NE 162 0938 2947

For Luncarty, Belvedere House (NO 0928 2816) which has been equated with Luncarty Station, see NO02NE 118.

This intermediate station on the Perth-Kinnaber Junction main ('Strathmore') line of the former Caledonian Rly was opened by the Scottish Central (Scottish Midland Junction) Rly. on 2 August 1848 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 18 June 1951. The portion of the line between Perth and Stanley Junction remains in use by Perth-Inverness trains.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 2 May 2000.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

This station is indicated on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Perthshire 1867, sheet lxxxv).

Information from RCAHMS (AKK), 2 May 2000.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions