Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 792599

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes


NO02NE 162 0938 2947

For Luncarty, Belvedere House (NO 0928 2816) which has been equated with Luncarty Station, see NO02NE 118.

This intermediate station on the Perth-Kinnaber Junction main ('Strathmore') line of the former Caledonian Rly was opened by the Scottish Central (Scottish Midland Junction) Rly. on 2 August 1848 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 18 June 1951. The portion of the line between Perth and Stanley Junction remains in use by Perth-Inverness trains.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 2 May 2000.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

This station is indicated on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Perthshire 1867, sheet lxxxv).

Information from RCAHMS (AKK), 2 May 2000.

People and Organisations