Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Clocksbriggs Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Clocksbriggs Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 160808

Site Number NO45SE 163

NGR NO 4959 5193

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/160808

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Angus
  • Parish Rescobie
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Angus
  • Former County Angus

Archaeology Notes

NO45SE 163 4959 5193

(Location cited as NO 497 519). Clocksbriggs Station, opened 1850 by the Aberdeen Rly. The remains of a two-platform through station with the neat up-platform building still intact and used as a dwelling house. This has two bay windows and a small integral awning. The original rectangulrar block has had a wing added at right-angles.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Forfar-Arbroath secondary line of the former Caledonian Rly was opened (by the Arbroath and Forfar Rly) on 4 December 1838. It closed on 1 January 1917, reopened on 1 June 1919, and finally closed to regular passenger traffic on 5 December 1955.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 1 August 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

NO45SE 163 4959 5193

NMRS REFERENCE

Opened 31/01/1839 (Arbroath & Forfar Railway); closed 05/12/1955.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions