Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 800303

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/800303

NO45SE 163 4959 5193

(Location cited as NO 497 519). Clocksbriggs Station, opened 1850 by the Aberdeen Rly. The remains of a two-platform through station with the neat up-platform building still intact and used as a dwelling house. This has two bay windows and a small integral awning. The original rectangulrar block has had a wing added at right-angles.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Forfar-Arbroath secondary line of the former Caledonian Rly was opened (by the Arbroath and Forfar Rly) on 4 December 1838. It closed on 1 January 1917, reopened on 1 June 1919, and finally closed to regular passenger traffic on 5 December 1955.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 1 August 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

People and Organisations

References