Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, 17 Parson Street, Martyrs' Public School

School (19th Century)

Site Name Glasgow, 17 Parson Street, Martyrs' Public School

Classification School (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) St Mungo's Academy Annexe; 11 Barony Street

Canmore ID 160456

Site Number NS66NW 111

NGR NS 60081 65840

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/160456

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Glasgow (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Summary Record

The former Martyr's Public School was recorded by RCAHMS as part of the partnership contributon to the Mackintosh Architecture Project Context Making and Meaning an AHRC funded research project at University of Glasgow which has produced the Mackintosh Architecture web based catalogue.

The Mackintosh Project has concluded that Charles Rennie Mackintosh was the architect of this building whilst he was an assistant at Honeyman and Keppie before he became a partner in the firm. For more information see Mackintosh Architecture webisite.

STG 2014

Architecture Notes

NS66NW 111 60081 65840

ARCHITECT: Honeyman and Keppie, 1898 (C.R.MacKintosh).

Plans:

NMRS Cutting from 'The Building News', July 31, 1896.

Perspective view and plan: Honeyman and Keppie - filed in pamplet box - missing at time of upgrade, 4.4.2000

(Undated) information in NMRS.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions