Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Edinburgh, Warriston Road, East Warriston House

House (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Edinburgh, Warriston Road, East Warriston House

Classification House (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Warriston Crematorium

Canmore ID 152771

Site Number NT27NE 595

NGR NT 25444 75940

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/152771

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Edinburgh, City Of
  • Parish Edinburgh (Edinburgh, City Of)
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District City Of Edinburgh
  • Former County Midlothian

Archaeology Notes

NT27NE 595 25444 75940

Location formerly entered as NT 2544 7594.

See also NT27NE 874.00.

Architecture Notes

Architect: Sir Robert Lorimer, 1929-1930 - conversion from East Wariston House to Warriston Crematoriam.

NMRS REFERENCE:

Plans: 26 FS details for conversion to Crematorium. Lorimer and Matthew, 1928-1929.

Notes: Ultimately it was William Bonar who took up residence at East Warriston c.1833. Prior to this it was probably used as a secondary, summer, residence for his father Andrew Bonar. The pencil annotaions date from the occupancy of Lt. l. Agnew. C.1900.

Library:

Photocopy of Inventory of 1924. Original inventory in possesion of Mrs Z Ashford. Copied 1987 (Inventory by Lyon and Turnbull].

(Undated) information in NMRS.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions