Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Architecture Notes

Event ID 786260

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Architecture Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/786260

Architect: Sir Robert Lorimer, 1929-1930 - conversion from East Wariston House to Warriston Crematoriam.

NMRS REFERENCE:

Plans: 26 FS details for conversion to Crematorium. Lorimer and Matthew, 1928-1929.

Notes: Ultimately it was William Bonar who took up residence at East Warriston c.1833. Prior to this it was probably used as a secondary, summer, residence for his father Andrew Bonar. The pencil annotaions date from the occupancy of Lt. l. Agnew. C.1900.

Library:

Photocopy of Inventory of 1924. Original inventory in possesion of Mrs Z Ashford. Copied 1987 (Inventory by Lyon and Turnbull].

(Undated) information in NMRS.

People and Organisations

References