Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Nairn, Cawdor Road, Railway Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Nairn, Cawdor Road, Railway Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Nairn Station

Canmore ID 15136

Site Number NH85NE 48

NGR NH 88152 56018

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/15136

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Nairn
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Nairn
  • Former County Nairn

Archaeology Notes

NH85NE 48.00 88152 56018

NH85NE 48.01 NH 88162 55990 Waiting Room (Highland Railway Museum)

NH85NE 48.02 NH 88182 56003 Store

NH85NE 48.03 NH 88181 56017 Footbridge

NH85NE 48.04 NH 88283 56085 East Signal Box

NH85NE 48.05 NH 87974 55904 West Signal Box

Sta [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1978.

(Location cited as NH 882 559). Nairn Station, opened 1855 by the Inverness & Nairn Rly, and rebuilt 1885 by the Highland Rly. The platforms are linked by a lattice-girder footbridge, and there is a wooden goods shed of typical Highland Rly. pattern in the goods yard.

J R Hume 1977.

Railway Station, Cawdor Road. By Murdoch Paterson, 1885.

J Gifford 1992.

This intermediate station on the Inverness-Keith-Aberdeen (main) line of the (former) Highland Rly. was opened on 5 November 1855 (by the Inverness and Nairn Rly); it remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions