Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Falls Of Cruachan, Railway Halt

Railway Halt (19-20th Century)

Site Name Falls Of Cruachan, Railway Halt

Classification Railway Halt (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 150861

Site Number NN02NE 10

NGR NN 0796 2676

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/150861

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Argyll And Bute
  • Parish Ardchattan And Muckairn (Argyll And Bute)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Argyll And Bute
  • Former County Argyll

Archaeology Notes

NN02NE 10 0796 2676

This intermediate halt on the Crianlarich - Oban line of the former Caledonian Rly was opened by the Callander and Oban Rly on 1 October 1893. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 1 November 1965 and reopened on 20 June 1988.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 6 November 1999.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions