Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Airth Station

Railway Station (19th Century)

Site Name Airth Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Carnock Road Station; Airth Road Station; Airth Station House

Canmore ID 145928

Site Number NS88NE 86

NGR NS 87119 87224

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Stirling
  • Parish St Ninians
  • Former Region Central
  • Former District Stirling
  • Former County Stirlingshire

Archaeology Notes

NS88NE 86 87119 87224

Airth Station House [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1988.

This station was an intermediate station on the Larbert (Alloa Junction) - Airth - Alloa (West junction) branch line of the Caledonian Rly, routed via Throsk and that company's railway bridge (NS89SE 79) across the River Forth. The station was opened (as Carnock Road Station) by that company in January 1866, but was apparently immediately renamed Airth Road Station, becoming Airth Station on 1 January 1867. The station closed to regular passenger traffic on 20 September 1954, the line remaining open until 29 January 1968.

This station was also the junction station for the branch line to Alloa (South) Station, which closed to regular passenger traffic on 1 October 1885 but remained open to goods traffic for an unspecified period thereafter.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 25 November 2004.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions