Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 649476

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes


NS88NE 86 87119 87224

Airth Station House [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1988.

This station was an intermediate station on the Larbert (Alloa Junction) - Airth - Alloa (West junction) branch line of the Caledonian Rly, routed via Throsk and that company's railway bridge (NS89SE 79) across the River Forth. The station was opened (as Carnock Road Station) by that company in January 1866, but was apparently immediately renamed Airth Road Station, becoming Airth Station on 1 January 1867. The station closed to regular passenger traffic on 20 September 1954, the line remaining open until 29 January 1968.

This station was also the junction station for the branch line to Alloa (South) Station, which closed to regular passenger traffic on 1 October 1885 but remained open to goods traffic for an unspecified period thereafter.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 25 November 2004.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

People and Organisations