Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Innerwick, Station House

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Innerwick, Station House

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Innerwick Station; Thorntonloch, Station House

Canmore ID 145585

Site Number NT77SW 80

NGR NT 7413 7433

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/145585

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Lothian
  • Parish Innerwick (East Lothian)
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District East Lothian
  • Former County East Lothian

Archaeology Notes

NT77SW 80 7413 7433

For associated footbridge, see NT77SW 81.

This intermediate station on the Edinburgh-Berwick portion of the London-Edinburgh 'East Coast main line' was opened by the North British Rly in about 1849 and closed to regular passenger traffic by British Railways on 18 June 1951. The line itself remains in use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 15 February 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

NT77SW 80 7413 7433

For related overbridge see NT77SW 81.

Information from RCAHMS (AB) 2 June 1999.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions