Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Culloden Moor Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Culloden Moor Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Clava

Canmore ID 14179

Site Number NH74NE 41

NGR NH 7623 4568

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/14179

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Croy And Dalcross (Inverness)
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Inverness
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Archaeology Notes

NH74NE 41.00 7623 4568

NH74NE 41.01 NH 7624 4565 Railway Signal Box

Not to be confused with Culloden (later Allanfearn) Station (NH 7148 4756), for which see NH74NW 52.

For adjacent Clava viaduct (over river Nairn), see NH74SE 23.

This intermediate station on the Inverness-Aviemore ('direct') main line of the former Highland Rly was opened on 1 November 1898; it was grouped into the London, Midland and Scottish Rly. in 1923 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 3 May 1965. The line itself remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 12 December 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

Station probably opened 1.11.1898; closed 3.5.1965

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions